Gear Resurfacing

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gear Resurfacing
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:58:31 -0500
I have acquired a laygear for a big Healey that has all teeth and gears in
virtually UNUSED condition.  However, this unit has been cleaned up with, and
I hesitate,  some kind of media blasting.   So needless to say the surface no
longer has the shiny, smooth surface to it.

As I look at it with my "magic enlarging eye"  it now has microscopic pitting
on the surface.

Is resurfacing an option?   Where and who does this?  Would a good polishing
wheel be of any help?
Did I acquire a nice, clean , door stop?

There is a gear manufacturer here in my town,   would there be any chance that
they would even consider a very small resurfacing job like this?

As you can tell I am clueless on this one.  I'm not a machinist or
metalologist by any means.

Any suggestions would be helpful except in reference to the "door stop".

Mark