Internet Fraud

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Internet Fraud
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:55:26 -0400
I usually do not care to bomb the list however, with the rash of stolen credit
card information files lately, the plethora of reports on this list of "winning
Lottery tickets" "I have a bizillion dollars in escrow and you will get 20% if
you give me your private information" "hey stud, want some 36-48 hour fun". You
get the idea.

For several years, I have been on a Microsoft Beta testing panel. The latest
effort I was on was to Beta test Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. (If it works
well, then they took my suggestions, if it does not then they ignored my
suggestions - no ego here!). As a consequence of that, I get free software to
test and almost daily emails from Microsoft relative to new safety programs,
questions, etc.  (they got religion a few years ago) and this one, I feel is
very important.

Quote from Microsoft

Tips, Tricks, and Shareware

     WUGNET Shareware Pick of the Week: FraudEliminator Pro
      FraudEliminator Pro protects you from online fraud, including phony
merchants, online scams, phishing, pharming, and more. It's like a "firewall"
for fraud on the Web, and also shows advanced information for each Web site you
visit.

Unquote.

As stated, This came from Microsoft on an email address that I use only for
Microsoft (I have 10-12 different addresses for different purposes). You can
get the free version or pay $19.95 for the "Pro" version which most people
would never need.

Now, one caveat, when I accessed the site that I built for my grandson, I got a
lot of warnings but there is a very easy process to add this type of site to
the "safe" list and it works instantly. (My granddaughters, family and Healey
sites sailed through). This program is recommended by Microsoft and is just one
more thing that, unfortunately, in this day and age of internet banditos, is a
necessary part of life along with firewalls, virus protection and spyware
programs.

Do with this message as you wish.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ