KO Friendly

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: KO Friendly
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:48:27 -0400
Posted for Robert who is having difficulty getting this to the group.
-
I will be replacing the "eared" knockoffs on my BJ8.

This mainly due to the cumulative damage to the ears caused by the removal
and replacement of the knockoffs.  A PO provided a copper-headed hammer for
this purpose, but I'm not pleased with the peening that has resulted.

I see that copper headed and lead headed hammers are available as well as a
propellor-style wooden knockoff wrench and a metal offset wrench with a long
handle.  Perhaps there are other tools available for the R/R
of the knockoffs?

What has your experience been?  What causes the least damage while ensuring
fully-tightened knockoffs?

Are either of the two types of wrenches awkward to use, depending on the
orientation of the ears?

Thanks in advance.

Robert.