Mid-Ohio

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mid-Ohio
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:52:29 -0400
Hot. Don't need to say any more. Great turn out of Healeys for the show,
I counted 31. We got to lead the lunch break parade laps in our Bugeye,
right behind the pace car. Boy did I want to pass the pace car. If
anyone got a picture, I'd like to have a copy, all of our's were taken
from inside the car. With all the racers included, there were Healeys
everywhere you looked. Jeff Jonk came in second after hounding Peter
Jackson toward the end. Bit of a bad time for Jim Smith and Blue Chip
Racing. He got into a tangle with Nigel Smart going into madness turn. I
was on the other side of the rise and didn't see who spun, but saw the
aftermath. Both cars got a little bent up and there was fluid leaking
out on the track, but no one hurt. Hope they get them fixed and back on
the track soon.

Dave
67 BJ8
60 BT7