steel muffler

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: steel muffler
From: RAntal243@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:00:32 EDT
Greetings Healeyphiles,
     The twelve year old Abarth exhaust system on my  BJ8 is deteriorating
alas. I had a stainless system years ago. One of the  mufflers hit a rock and
left me with the most god awful screech at 2500-3000  rpm. The Abarth replaced
the SS. I'd rather not go back to SS and wonder if  anyone knows of a high
quality steel system that will last longer than the two  or three years I used
get before going stainless. If they still made  Abarth  systems, I'd get the
same in a heartbeat but unfortunately, Abarth  is no longer. Does anyone have
experience with the Denis Welch system? Thanks in  advance.
Rich Antal