Other cars need love too

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Other cars need love too
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:00:19 -0500
So I have been neglecting the restored MGA. I take er out tonight, fill er
up, turn onto my favorite twisty road, pop in a great Jayhawks CD, turn on
the lights and "Hmmm that smells like some plastic melting....Yikes!" I pop
the hood. The wiring harness is melting in the front portion of the car
beyond the firewall. All works but the front headlights and front parking
lights. I drive home quickly.

I understand that this is probably due to some sort of short. Should I look
for positive or negative touching the metal of the car?

Cheers,
Scott
Mashed 60 BN7
Restored (yet needing new wiring attention) 59 MGA 1500