Results: BJ8 front end "clunk"

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Results: BJ8 front end "clunk"
From: Rebeltown@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:23:28 EDT
Just to let everyone know who forwarded their thoughts on the cause of the
noise from the Rt front end during braking, it was the hub splines that were
worn.  I finished the replacement today of both hubs and no more  clunking.  It
appears that the wire wheels that I replaced a few thousand  miles before the
noise started were not excessively worn.  They appear  tight with no movement
with the car off the ground and the brakes applied.   Wanted to thank
everyone for their input...

Gary Shunk  '67 BJ8 #38427 N.J.