Conclave 2005 - Thank You

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Conclave 2005 - Thank You
From: olin.brimberry@talecris.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:24:56 -0400
This was my first (and hopefully not my last) Conclave and I must say that
I got so much out of meeting the great names of the Healey family (Roy
Jackson - Moore and Gerry Cocker) as well as the people here on the list.
Of most importance I had the honor of having my tri-carbs tuned by Rich
Chrysler with the tools on loan by David Koch.  That car is set properly
now thanks to it.  I learned what a fabulous person Rich is, and he taught
me a lot about comradery within the Healey group.  Outside of Healeys I
learned about his hobbies with model trains and his personal family.  Not
only is he a perfectionist with Healeys, but he seems to the same way with
trains also.  It was with great pleasure that I got to participate in the
Concourse judging as prompted by Rich.  I learned a lot about the judging
process and where you have leeway and where you don't.  I must say that you
should never have an incorrect color combination that is not period
correct.  What may fit for a 100 will not necessarily work on a 3000 - ie,
white exterior and blue interior.

Marion Brantley was a treat to be with and has a wonderful wife.  Nice
meeting both of you.  It was nice to put a face with names like Steve Byers
and Mike Lempert.  Sorry about your ticket Steve : (  Mike, send those
samples when you can please.  I also got to chat with Martin MacGregor (and
yes I did get a new bristleflex door sill set - much far superior than the
aluminium.

Thanks to Charlie Asbill, I was able to share a room and stay in the host
hotel with minimal costs.

Steve from California (Foyes, I think) was quite a character also - nice
time spent hanging around and talking.  Steve actually had the wonderful
experience of driving from California through Colorado in his yellow and
black 100-6 I think on a 9 day tour to get to Winston Salem (and no major
problems).

David, I will most certainly put the fuse link starting with the starter
solenoid very soon.  And your wife (Janet, I think) does a fabulous job in
upholstery work and you are lucky to have that resource.  My wife won't sew
up my holes in my socks.

I know I can't cover all names, but I really had a wonderful time and I
look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Olin Brimberry
62 BT7
Raleigh, NC

"Life's journey is not  to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
body, but rather to slide in  sideways totally worn out, shouting '...holy
s**t...What a ride!"
In memory of HOYO