Re: AH 4000

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AH 4000
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
 Again didn't think my ? would raise so much discussion, but it's good.
 Here's another two. This goes back to my old days and racing around the
So Cal mountains against a friends "new" 240 z-car. He had hopped it up
as he did to all his cars, so it was always a good run. In the hills
w/winding roads he always left me behind w/ his overcam fast wind up and
I'd catch and pass when we hit the straights. I always thought the only
true weakness in the AH was that it didn't have an OH cam, to really
round out all it's other great strengths. Has anyone ever done it or is
it even possible?
 Second, recently someone posted a link to Blair Harbers AHX12, I think,
where he refitted his racing AH with some good suspension changes and
kind of "tight" steering mods. Has anyone converted a Healey to 4 wheel
Jag type independent suspension w/4 wheel disk brakes? Might as well get
carried away and make perfect. TIA
ED had 57,60,59&61 tri carb and all big AH