Bonnet prop rod support bracket

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet prop rod support bracket
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:46:03 +0200
Two questions this time:
I'm (for the first time) fitting the bonnet onto my front shroud to see
how the two parts line up - the shroud was restored quite heavily.
I found two sets of two countersunk holes in the rainwater gutter of the
shroud, one left and one right, which should be the locations of the
safety catch strikers, but cannot find the two holes which in my view
should be there for the Bonnet Prop Support Bracket. Is that item
attached to the shroud or am I misinterpreting the picture in the Body
Service Parts List?  If I have to drill two holes for this bracket, can
someone give me the distance from the Safety Catch Striker? (And before
you think I'm an absolute nutter:  I bought my car in pieces, didn't
take it apart myself)
Second question concerns the impossibility of fixing the boot lock.
Difficult to explain for me in English, but the fixed part of the lock
is secured by two pan head screws 3/16 x 3/8, two lockwashers and two
cup washers.  If I try to fix the lock that way  the bolt heads have  no
material to be fixed against as there is a large hole in the rigidizing
frame on the inside of the boot lid, apparently there so that one can
reach the bolts. Hope I'm clear enough - if not, to whom may I sent a
photograph showing my problem?
 Thanks and regards
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432