Austin?

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin?
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:53:37 -0700
I was showing my 67 BJ8 at Crystal Cove, Newport Beach, CA this morning and
noticed a car I had never seen before.

A very roundish 40's style LHD four seater with an Austin plate and a
stylish scrolled raised "A" on the hood as an ornament.

The stick shift was way forward and the lever was four feet long.  Steering
wheel was banjo wire type, usual trafficator, hood was not open so I
couldn't see the engine. I could see the ground through the floor board.

I was surprised it drove based on the state it was in but I was wondering if
any listers could point me to what it was? Turn signals consisted of arms
that lifted up behind the doors.  I waited for the owner but he never came
by.

Ron