Re: Re: oil filter

To: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: oil filter
From: "Chris Masucci" <sooch@houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:03:19 -0500
I gotta go with Ed on this one.  FRAM oil filters suck.  I think that the
"bob is the oil guy" site once had a review, among many others.  The Bosch,
Motorcraft, and Wix are high up on the list as the best.  I prefer Bosch or
Motorcraft myself.  If you're not sure, buy one of each, cut them open and
stretch out the filter media.  See who has the most surface area...it won't
be FRAM.  At least they know they cheap out and give you a bypass valve
usually.

On a side note, now that I am driving a VW diesel as a daily driver, i'm
back to a canister filter.  Great car and I love it, but the oil
filter...that's progress????

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8