BIG HEALEY SURVEY

To: healeys@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: BIG HEALEY SURVEY
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:51:46 -0700
Short Survey About Big Healey Ownership:

Hi Healey folks.  I'm doing a Big Healey buyers guide for the next issue of
British Motoring Magazine (Moss published). I would like to ask a few
questions about Healey ownership:

1.  Why did you pick a Healey over other cars that were available when you
bought yours?

2.  What type of person should absolutely NOT consider a Healey and why?

3.  We know that those $80,000 auction cars are all bone stock and matching
numbers ...  but, how important is total originality in a car that is a
weekend diversion machine rather than a coddled concours contender.  I'm
not talking about a fender-flaired, Ford-powered Cobra clone but non-stock
wheels, colours and engine mods - like the way we built 'em back in the

4.  What is the best way to find and buy a big Healey?  How did you find
yours and how would you do it if you were to buy another today.

5.  (optional)  Why would one consider buying a four cylinder 100 instead
of the later sixes if you were buying one today?  What is the appeal beyond
a preference for the early front end styling.

Thanks for anything that you send.

Rick Feibusch
British Car Network
Venice Beach, CA