Rendezvous 06

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Rendezvous 06
From: Mark Norris <m.norris@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:36:44 -0700
Hi all
My dad was raised in Nelson, so this thread is dear to my heart! It is a  very
nice town with lots of Victorian-era architecture on a beautiful  clear lake
with mountain scenery. The movie "Roxanne" with Steve Martin was filmed
there.Lots of interesting drives,particularly north to Kaslo( where there is a
well preserved sternwheeler, the S.S. Moyie), then west to New Denver, on even
prettier Slocan Lake,passing by the derelict ghost town of Sandon, torn apart
in the spring flood of '48. Good hiking, huckleberries, hot springs, and lots
of mining history in the region. Hope to see lots of you there.Maybe Don
Lenschow and I can wash our cars together as we did at Klamath Falls.
Mark Norris,
BJ8 40097