temp.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: temp.
From: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:38:02 -0400
Thanks to all for reducing eng. temp info. flushed all anti-freeze from
cooling system, decided to remove thermostat and check, ruined thermo
gasket and housing gasket, called parts supplier for gaskets and
inquired about thermostat I had purchased from supplier about a year
ago.(similar to original). I was told the part I had purchased  was
discontinued as it never functioned properly. Purchased upgrade, filled
system with water and water wetter and dropped my average temperature to
about 180-185. Will run up to 190-195 when stopped in traffic. Seems ok
but still well above thermostat rating. Thanks again    Kurt