Was lost wallpaper, now Pictures

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was lost wallpaper, now Pictures
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:34:51 -0400
I very much enjoy photography and spend some time late most evenings messing
with my own pictures. However, I love looking through collections of other
classic pictures.  While there are many great collections that can be found
through web searches, I'm not aware of an extensive source dedicated to the
Austin-Healey.  Some people will always have concerns about copyright and
unauthorized copying, and others might want to keep their pictures private.
What I would like to do is this...  I'd like to set up a gallery on my photo
site where I can organize pictures of the Healey from days gone by. Anything
from racing shots to important historical images, to documents, to fun
memories.  I'll bet there are some folks out there that have some great
shots that others of us would love to see.  It'll be up to whether they mind
sharing, and for some, whether they mind sending the pictures for
scanning.

The galleries could be expanded to include details like the dash vinyl
picture that Rich Chrysler just sent to someone.  I can do decent repair
work to pictures that are poorly exposed or damaged in other ways. In most
cases the images that go up in the galleries would be better than the
original they came from.

The site I use is excellent. Unlike other photo sharing sites, there are
virtually no restrictions, such as image size.  However, I typically shrink
the images for storage considerations (the full size image remains available
offline).  It is a pay site, but I use it anyway for my personal and
business images. I won't mind supporting the Healey image galleries.

Does anyone else think this would be a worthwhile effort ?  The help I would
need would be in locating collections of photos.  Naturally the owners would
need to be willing.

This thought was prompted recently by a couple of separate conversations I
had about photo or document collections.  I'd love to see these things
myself and I suspect many others would as well.

Your thoughts ?

Oh, back to the original thread topic for a moment.  I too had a winning
AHCUSA photo contest entry back in 2002.  I don't expect anyone would want
to use mine as wallpaper since it isn't of the same nature of the famous Ian
Nelson photo, but it was an honor all the same.  Besides, that's ME in the
photo on the left (old guy). What I'm sure very few people knew, but was
significant to me, is that the young man pictured on the right is my dad.
http://www.pbase.com/mdlempert/image/6603224

Regards,
Mike Lempert