Re: BJ-8 wiring harness

To: Don Day <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: BJ-8 wiring harness
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:25:38 +0800
Don -

As John suggested British Wiring is the way to go.  They use very high
quality copper wiring.

FYI you don't necessarily want a PVC wrapped harness... the wrapping
can be quite tight, not allowing the harness to flex internally when
you are twisting it around and installing it in your car.  This means
that wires inside can get kinked and/or the insulation can rub off,
causing a short.  I know, my BJ8 has a PVC wrapped harness and the
primary ignition wire shorted out internally only about a year after I
installed the harness.  I know other people have had similar problems
with PVC harnesses.  PVC doesn't do such a great job of keeping the
Lucas smoke in, as they say....

I would definitely stick with a standard cloth wrapped harness.  It
will be much more durable.

Best Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8