Damper Question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Damper Question
From: "Neil Goodman" <Neil.Goodman@businessobjects.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:22:14 -0700
Hi all,

   I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for - for a BJ8,
with standard HD8 carbs, what is the correct damper to be used?
   I went to check the oil & noticed one of the plastic capped dampers
was marked "AUC 8112", while the other was marked "AUC 8119".
   Although they look the same to me, the 8112 damper requires some
slight force in the last 1/4" of travel before threading it into the
housing, while the 8119 does not.

  Any ideas / comments as to which is correct, and if there should /
shouldn't be any friction?

Thanks!

Neil