Re: Fw: AH 100 Rear Bumper

To: John Rued <rudedoggg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: AH 100 Rear Bumper
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:53:18 -0700
Unfortunately I didn't keep the first emails of this thread.

Both of my original bumpers have been rechromed but never "molested"
(not even a ding straightened), so the curvatures are absolutely correct.

I don't know where Jorge is located.  While I am not willing to remove
and ship them (Can you really blame me?), if he is reasonably close, I
could easily be convinced to take Red Car out for a day trip for them to
be copied.  I also have no problem meeting a concours knowledgeable
person either there or at another arranged place to verify that mine are
correct.  (If I was Jorge, I'd certainly want that authentication prior
to expending the start up costs.)

BTW  Since I bought the car in 1978, it doesn't take the fingers on both
hands to count the number of correct 100 rear bumpers I've seen.  That's
a major reason I'd like to help if I can!  :-)

Cheers,

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1 #663  Two-owner