Side cover gaskets

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Side cover gaskets
From: "Alex" <alexmm@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:21:42 -0400
When I replaced my side covers a few years back I used the more expensive
rubber ones from Moss, and had to carefully tack them to the plates with
Permatex, sandwiched between pieces of wood on my workbench. After that, I
was able to somewhat easily place the covers-with-gaskets onto the engine
block using Hylomar. They have never leaked.

Having said that, if I were to do it again I would use the less costly cork
gaskets, and not have to worry about the distortion problem.

==    Alex in Maine
      1960 BT7 3000 Mark 1 - "The Blue Mainie"
      Former owner of 1957 100-6, and 1967 3000 Mark III BJ8
      http://users.adelphia.net/~alexmm/ai2q.htm