RE: Conv. Top Assy...

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Conv. Top Assy...
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 04:24:21 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of ggilliam@usol.com
Sent: 24 August 2005 20:21
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Conv. Top Assy...

 Listeners,
  I finally received the new convertable top for my Longbridge BN4,
and am now in the process of refurbishing the frame, and preparing
for the installation process.

  I am prodding Y'all for hints & tecniques for the installation of the
top, especially on the front bow assy.

  Is there a measurement for the length of the webs linking the the
frame crossbows?

 The next question is:   how is the top stowed? I never had the
rear seatback before, nor have I seen the top folded down on one
of these cars. It's always been up, or removed from the car.
  Does the frame fold behind the rear seatback, and then the top
lays down on it, or is the top removed and stored separately?

  Next will be the restoration of the sidecurtains...so if you have
knowledge of these, be prepared for those questions!

 Thanks to all,

Gordy

We can get repro owners handbooks over here, UK, which are excellent for
that sort of thing. Always useful....cheap enough.
Suppose they do one for a BN4?
Simon.