Re: 100-4 question - seats - wood on the back...

To: <Fiat500f@aol.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100-4 question - seats - wood on the back...
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:04:13 -0400
This wood at the base of the seat back on all Hundreds and the Longbridge
built 100/6's was indeed to hold the row of small trimmers tacks that are
applied around the rear perimeter of the seat back. This row of tacks held
the rear surface material firmly in place. A lot of pressure was needed to
pull the seta back material so the piping on the crow of the seat back did
not sit at the top edge but rather the leather did the actual crowning, and
the piping was actually past the crown, with the vunyl material doing a
straight fall to the rear of the seat.
A hidem strip was then applied to cover the row of tacks. See pictures.
Rich Chrysler