BJ8 intake manifold follow-up question

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BJ8 intake manifold follow-up question
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:04:15 -0400
Ok, I did a little research and now my curiosity is piqued! Graham
Robson in "The Big Healeys" says, "Although an identical 'looking'
inlet manifold was retained, it was modified in several respects to
take account of the fact that twin 30-degree semi-downdraught 2" HD8
carburettors were fitted."

In Bill Emerson's book, Bill states, "the carburettors were matched
to an internally redesigned intake manifold..."

So, does anyone know what these modifications were outside of the
ports being opened to 2"?

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye