Re: Optional Accessories

To: "Just Brits" <justbrits@comcast.net>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Optional Accessories
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:09:38 +1000
Ed,

For some reason the original post didn't appear on the list, despite it
being addressed to the list?.

Anyway - here it is:

On the original purchase invoice for my BJ8, the dealer (John Sprinzel
Racing, of Lancaster Mews, London) actually differentiated between the
'manufacturer' fitted accessories and the 'dealer' fitted accessories.

A picture of the original invoice for my BJ8, purchased from John Sprinzel,
is here: http://www.myaustinhealey.com/john-sprinzel-healey.html

You can see that the manufacturer fitted accessories shown on the original
invoice are the same as on the car's 'Body Production Windscreen card'
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/histintro.html (which is basically the
detailed version of what the heritage certificate tells you).

Why the underseal you may ask? At the time of purchase, the plan was to
spend 3 months driving the BJ8 from London to Sydney
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/london-to-sydney-healey.html - and the
underseal was to keep underside body damage to a minimum. When you see some
of the photos - the underseal (and sump guard fitted later) certainly did
their job on Richard's overland trip from England!

The prices on the original John Sprinzel invoice (for car price & factory
accessories) are exactly the same as the March 1964 'Prices for Austin Cars'
1168/AW pricelist - to the penny!!

:)

Best

Chris Dimmock