Bonnet: Request for Info (German Listers)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonnet: Request for Info (German Listers)
From: "John Rued" <rudedoggg@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:05:40 -0500
Last week we threaded registries and originality.  I'm taking it one
further.

I'm looking for the bonnet--the original bonnet--for my BN1.  When last
seen, it was in El Segundo(?) at Marty Katz's Corvair shop.  (Don't ask.)

The car was in the back being worked on by a mechanic named Tim.  (Better
not ask about that, either.)  It was sitting next to a 100-4 that was owned
by a German.

When Marty's business began to founder, we were notified to pick up our
projects.  When I got there, the German car was gone.  So was my bonnet.
(No accusations here; the place was chaotic with parts strewn everywhere.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if any of the German listers had any idea as to the
whereabous of a louvered BN1 bonnet with the body number "1166".  I sure
would like to get some piece of originality back into that car...

Danke,

JR