New Boot Floor & Carb Finish

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Boot Floor & Carb Finish
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:24:07 -0700
Fellow Listers,

I have a new boot floor installed in my BJ7 in restoration.  Three questions:

1    There are (2) 5/16 bolts projecting downward on the right side, fore and
aft, aligned with the inside face of the main frame member (which I assume are
for the cross-over exhaust which my BJ7 never had) - Should these be removed
for authenticity or would they have been there on a BJ7 build Sept 4-5, 1962
and left there un-used?

2    What color should the nut, lockwasher and D-washer for the 2 bolts
securing the fuel tank straps be along the rear lip of the boot floor assuming
that the bolts are gloss black as they are part of the straps?

3    What is the most effective way to remove dings and restore the finish on
the cast aluminum SU Carb bodies so they look "original and authentic" and not
"prettified"?

Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma