Re: heater fan no longer sucks

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: heater fan no longer sucks
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:57:39 -0400
Richard Hosmer wrote:

>Drat - got caught in attempting a bit of humor. As I said, I am an idiot
>regarding things electrical, and so I marveled at the DIAMETRICALLY opposed
>theories advanced by some parties whom I have come to respect from previous
>postings.

Actually, the "will or will not reverse" got pretty well resolved, I
think, once it was realized that there are both permanent magnet and
dual-wound motors on heater fans.  As to whether a squirrel cage blower
will blow when the fan is reversed, there will be variance between
designs, and some will blow out the outlet with the motor spinning
backwards, but none will blow very well.  Certainly not as well as when
the motor is going the correct direction.  Anyone disagree?
--
John Miller, running and ducking in Georgia