[Fwd: Re: Austin-Healey triumphant at Goodwood]

To: Healey Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Austin-Healey triumphant at Goodwood]
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:58:33 +0100
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Austin-Healey triumphant at Goodwood
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:00:05 +0100
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
To: Bruno Verstraete <bruno.verstraete@skynet.be>

Bruno Verstraete wrote:
> Dear Healey listers,
>
> With this mail i wanted to inform you about the latest results at the
> Goodwood revival meeting in the UK.
>
> There were a couple of Austin-Healeys racing:
> Saturday we had 2 100S's competing in their class.
> Johnny Herbert was leaving from 22nd place to finish in 6th position after a
> fierce battle with fast period cars.
>
> Today DD300 (John Chathams racing Healey) won the race outright, just in
> front of a very fast Morgan. Other cars in this race were race prepared
> MGB's, Jaguar XKSS,...
>
> Looking at this live made me even more proud to be a Healey Enthusiast.
> Regards,
>
> Bruno Verstraete
> Zurich, Switzerland

All,

I just want to add that of the many Healey races that I have seen with mixed
fields, these weree probably the most exciting. It was terrific to see what a
100S can do even fifty years on in the hands of a driver like Johnny Herbert -
and to see Clarkson pushing DD300 to the limit - and winning - was unbelievable.

Peter Dzwig