Re: Car is Painted, Yippee!

To: <N5572B@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car is Painted, Yippee!
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 06:54:04 -0500
Greg,
Looks good...makes me reconsider painting mine Healey  Blue (the original
color)...I am not doing a concours restoration, just a good  refurbishing
and was considering a darker blue, but...
> Dave Duffey 59 BT 7 project

Dave and all, thanks for the very nice comments, the car is painted with PPG
Concept acrylic urethane single stage (no clearcoat) paint.  The color is
paint code DCC3922, I believe the GM code is 302, but am not absolutely sure
on that.  It is not Healey Ice Blue Metallic, but certainly fits somewhere
in the family of light blue metallic Healeys that you will see at a
gathering of our cars, is slightly darker than the car was previously and
maybe slightly darker and bluer than a true Healey Blue.

I did it myself and there are some flaws, but the wonders of digital
photography and online viewing seem to hide them pretty well (as an aside if
you are considering buying a car online keep that in mind, they nearly
always look much better in the pictures than in the flesh).

Thanks again all for the nice comments and support

Happy Healying

Greg Lemon
54 BN1