Re: Aluminum door trim.

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum door trim.
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:49:47 -0500
To pull up an old thread

I just ran by the local anodizing shop to get them to look at the
cockpit surrounds and the shut trip pieces.  This shop can't buff out
the scratches, but put the surrounds in the cleaning tank to make it
easier once I find someone to buff them.  They put one of the pieces
of the door trim in with this so I can see what cleaning them would
look like.

Here is one of them stripped (looks painted white), and the other as was.

http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictures103050697ps.jpg

They did this for free, and will charge about $40 to anodize when I
get everything, plus the windshield posts (I know, not original)

--
Patton Dickson - '57 A-H 100-Six
Homepage - http://Austin-Healeys.com/