Re: Brake light switch

To: Awgertoo@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake light switch
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:47:40 -0600
Hi Michael,

I've been hearing this quite a bit lately.  It's really strange, the
original switches last something like 40 years plus.  So far, my very
original hydraulic switch still operates with very light pedal pressure,
so I know it can be done.

Replacement switches seem to never work correctly or correctly for a
very short time. I wonder if there happens to be a source of good
switches, if someone knows, PLEASE tell. I'd almost bet that a true NOS
switch would do the job.

They are not adjustable & can't be taken apart by normal means.

I've known several people to just give up & convert to a brake pedal
actuated mechanical switch as found on more modern cars.

Dave Russell
BN2