re moss seat kits

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re moss seat kits
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:21:23 -0400
I can mirror Rich's comments on going for the better quality of a Heritage
kit. Also It is almost impossible to reskin door panels. Problem is nobody
has correct thickness foam as original. ( I believe even Heritage) A
completed new door panel will look correct but you cannot re-do an original
with new vinyl  and foam. Leather as Rich stated is tricky to get the
wrinkles out competent shops will use very thin padding and plastic along
with steam to correct any problems with fit ( not easy unless you have
expert experience). I send my seats to Heritage and also have a local
upholstery shop do any of the tuff stuff.
Carroll Phillips Top Down Restorations