Re: Door Striker Nut

To: glemon@neb.rr.com (Greg Lemon)
Subject: Re: Door Striker Nut
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:56:56 EDT
Greg,

The special chrome domed nut is Whitworth but it's BSF British Standard Fine,
5/16 BSF to be specific.

As a bit of trivia, all of the BSW, British Standard Whitworth thread pitches
are the same as UNC/ANC or SAE coarse with one exception, i.e. 1/2 BSW has 12
TPI while 1/2 UNC/ANC has 13 TPI.  Which is why the 5/16 BSW bolt which
threads into the aluminum front plate of the generators for the 100, 100-6
early
3000 and Bugeyes is often replaced by a hardware store 5/16 ANC American
National Coarse bolt since they are both 18 TPI.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5 :{) '72 RWA Midget

In a message dated 10/2/05 2:02:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,