Re: Healey Club Magazines/Waynesboro Meet

To: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>, peter.svilans@rogers.com
Subject: Re: Healey Club Magazines/Waynesboro Meet
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:14:19 -0400
A BIG DITTO to Doug's comments.  Great show and the folks are super people
who know how to put on a show---wouldn't miss their awards banquet!!

Also got a chance to meet with 4 fellow listers including Doug, Michael O.,
John T(sorry John--I'm lousy with names) and Steve Byers.
A drive up on the Skyline Drive in a Healey isn't bad either!!.

Tom

"involved" in the "hobby". Reminds me of the small group that started a
club of devoted boat owners to enjoy their common interest. Then they
decided it would be nice to have club "house". At some point, they were
"discovered" and the group grew in size. Then it was decided that the club
house needed a restuarant and eventually a pool. As membership is this club
became more expensive, the original small group was forced out and the more
"upscale" crowd now just sit on their boats sipping mixed drinks. As with
everything we need to remember our roots and retain our real heritage. Our
magazine is for us, not to provide a window to the "upscale" world. Pop
open a beer and enjoy your Healey. If you ever want to experience a real
Healey good time try the SVBCC show at Waynesboro, Virgina the first
weekend in October each year. The show next year is their 25th and it has
not rained on the parade yet. These are !