Re: rear end BT7 how did PO manage to assemble ?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear end BT7 how did PO manage to assemble ?
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:31:13 -0500
Hi Michael,
       Ain't this fun?   Not only do we get to do and undo English
technology but also PO stupidology.
       Sounds like we're messing around in the same area right now.
By chance did you take a look at your shafts to see if by chance the spacers
are still stuck on the flange areas.  They  actually look like part of the
flange and thats where I found one of mine.
      You may want to try the Sears 12 point with shims (per the list)
when you reinstall the nuts.  I don't believe you'll be able to get the
required 140ftlbs with your crescent wrench.  And I am willing to bet that
your P O didn't either hence the reason you were able to get it off.    A
socket and torque wrench should do the install job.
      And while your at it you'll probably want to check the
bearing/spacer/gasket spec of .001-.004.
Another enormously fun operation as you can see from my last posting to this
sight.
      Shoot me back for any needed moral support.

Good Luck,   Mark