Door Stop?

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Stop?
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:36:35 -0700
On each of the door hinges on my BN1, there is a rubber pad (four total, two
on each door).  What are they for?  The pads look a little like a grommet,
measuring 1-5/8" OD.  The inside diameter is about 1/4" for a screw to go
through.  A metal washer fits into inside slots in the rubber to keep the
rubber from squishing away.

The pads are located between the faces of the hinges.  They  fasten to the
body side of  hinges (not the door side).

Are the pads supposed to be door stops of some kind?  Do they serve a useful
purpose?  I couldn't find them in any of the catalogs?  Where does one get
then?  Perhaps they are a previous owner's design.

Thanks,
Ben
BN1