why?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: why?
From: "gbrierton" <gbrierton@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:36:37 -0400
Jack Brashear wrote:

Hi All, I've owned my AH for over 43 years (bought it new) but I still
can't figure out why there is a double loop in the oil pressure gauge
line.  Does it minimize draining of the line??  Most other LBCs I've
noticed don't seem to have this....  Can anyone help??  As always, many
thanks.

As the Silver Bullet and I found out just before our trip to the 1997 Conclave
in Park City, Utah, that cute little loop with it's cute little surrounding
wire can form a very efficient cute little saw, that can vibrate against your
wiring harness, resulting in an exciting, cute little fire!  Repairs performed
in a Hardee's parking lot left the pavement looking like a rat had exploded!
The rest of the 6,000 miles were much more pleasant.

Gary B
'67 BJ8 aka The Silver Bullet