RE: over rider

To: <COPPIFAN@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: over rider
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:23:17 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-healeys@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-healeys@autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of COPPIFAN@aol.com
Sent: 15 October 2005 16:34
To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: over rider

I'm attempting to tighten the overrider on my '68 BJ8 on the rear bumper. I

can't seem to get a tool into it to hold the nut so that I can tighten the
bolt  from underneath. My yelling and screaming do not seem to be working.
Any
ideas?  Thanks.

Bill Eggert
CAAHC
Annapolis
Hi,
I think it's meant to be a "captive" nut. (Locked in place, so doesn't
move.) Seem to remember mine coming adrift and a local friend had some tool
for inserting(?) these captive nuts. Otherwise I suppose you might get the
nut to sit tight and still with a combination of lock and "star" washers. Or
buy a cheap spanner and cut it in half. Probably best to whip the bumper off
and get the nut replaced.
Yelling and screaming doesn't usually work for me either....I was fiddling
with some ridiculous nut/bolt on my door today when my dog came and stuffed
her face in mine. I had brain & both hands engaged. A dobermann at 2in was
not what I needed....the yelling was long and loud and did the trick.
Simon.
Simon