Water pump

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pump
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:27:34 +0100
I have a MkII BT7 and a silly question though not necessarily in that
order..

I am starting the season when I work on the car more than I use it. It'll
still come out on dry days, but there aren't so many nowadays.

I was looking to oil the water pump......

Question:- my manual shows a nut that screws out to facilitate this, but
it's not immediately obvious on my car when looking from above. I imagine it
would be hopeless if looking from below! Where is this nut?

So, am I right in hoping/supposing that there was a "later type" pump which
has been retro fitted to my car? And that this pump doesn't need to be
oiled?

My pump has two fins running from block to spindle which don't appear to be
in the picture in my manual.

Simon