Re: Windshield Screws

To: Rick Neves <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: Re: Windshield Screws
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:20:22 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Hi Ben,

I just finished reinstalling my windshield on my BN7.  New angle brackets and
screws are available from Moss but I ended up reusing two of my old corner
brackets because I couldn't get the windshield back together correctly using
only the new brackets.  I also had trouble finding the correct size rubber
gasket.  The one that Moss sent me was too thick compared to the original one.
They only had the one size.   Apparently, some windshield glass is thinner than
others.  As for the soap,  I always use wire pulling lube which is just wax
based and very slippery.  I got a large bottle from a hardware store and it has
been very useful in many projects.
Ron