AW: Vacuum Advance Units - High Compression

To: <olin.brimberry@talecris.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: Vacuum Advance Units - High Compression
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:18:12 +0200
Olin, I would disconnect the vac tube as long as you don't have the correct vac
unit for your modified engine. Anyway, I've heard of that that's what racers
do. In case you disconnect the vac tube seal up the vac pick up on the intake
manifold temporarily. I've installed a distributor without vac unit to my
(street use) car and it had no negative effect, neither on performance nor on
gas mileage. But that was probably because the old vac unit wasn't working
anyway.

Regards

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany