Re: Update on Advance Timing Issue

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Subject: Re: Update on Advance Timing Issue
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 04:46:22 -0600
Hi Eric,

Pardon the intrusion. I think 45 degrees at 4000 rpm is a bit much.
Especially with a high compression engine. I think 35 degrees would be
more like it. You can get "silent" detonation at higher rpm which will
greatly damage engine parts, no audible warning. There would be very
little power gain from the extra 10 degrees & maybe even a power loss. I
think 45 degrees would be pretty risky.

Dave Russell