Re: concertina

To: Austin Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: concertina
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:57:35 -0700
Right.
"Concertina wire" was named for the musical instrument it resembles. A
concertina is a small round-ish (hexagonal, octagonal) accordion played
in Italy.

Here's one: http://members.aol.com/jimattheboxofc/hohner-concertina.jpg

The accordion folds or paper and fabric are the "bellows" that draw air
in and out. Hence the term  "bellows" type.

Wilko
http://www.ewilkins.com/wilko