Herve Chevalier Books & Photos

To: "Jim Lesher" <bn4_2porthead@hotmail.com>
Subject: Herve Chevalier Books & Photos
From: "Derek Job" <djjob@noos.fr>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:27:10 +0200
Jim

I paid a visit to Herve today to have another look at his photo
collection and his future books

The book on the Liege-Rome-Liege Rally is now at the printers and will
be published and available from the middle of December so I'm looking
forward to that. I think I mentioned that his projects after that are,
The Monte Carlo Rally, The Tulip Rally and the Mille Miglia. They will
take the next three years at least.

Talking of the Mille Miglia, Herve had some black and white photos of
UOC 741 (the original 100-Six MM) running in the 1957 Mille Miglia. The
car was number 414 (meaning it left at 4.14 am - early start!). It was
painted the same duo tone as in the other pictures and was running with
its bumpers. The other interesting thing is that it had a standard
windscreen which had been chopped in half right across its width to
reduce its height to about the same as a 100S screen. .

If we can get it set up he will be supplying Reid with a photo each
month for inclusion in Healey Marque.

As an example he showed me some photos of a Swiss 100 with bodywork
designed by Michelotti for Ghia, The car was bodied like that in 1955.
Just one of his many interesting photos

Regards
Derek
www.healeysix.net <http://www.healeysix.net/>