RE: Adding Transmission Oil BJ8

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Adding Transmission Oil BJ8
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:44:25 -0800
Normally, I don't need to add oil to the gearbox between changes.
I find the cramped space above the gearbox dipstick hole and behind the
console makes it difficult even to use a regular funnel to get oil into the
gearbox.  I prefer to use a plastic funnel with a long nozzle (Autozone),
and to attach a length of 1/2" diameter clear plastic tubing to the end of
the nozzle.  This allows getting the opening of the funnel up to steering
wheel level.  It's easy to get the tubing into the dipstick hole by feel.
The funnel has a hole in the edge that is perfect for hanging it from a
couple of bungee cords that in turn hang from a nail in the garage ceiling.
I can dump a quart of oil into the funnel and go do something else while it
drains into the gearbox rather than cramping my knees and arms while trying
to hold the oil bottle and funnel above the hole.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC