New AH Owner Questions

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: New AH Owner Questions
From: "BRUCE HARDING" <bkharding@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:49:32 -0800
I just picked up a 61 BT7 and have a few questions...

The car doesn't seem to have much grunt when  starting from a standing start.
Tonight I found that the vacuum unit on the distributor wouldn't hold vacuum,
the carbs were out of synch, the front carb had no oil in the damper and the
back one was running slightly lean.  After I made the changes the rain started
to come down hard so I didn't take it for a test ride.  So here are the
questions:

1) Is there somebody that rebuilds the vacuum units?  It's an early model and
according to Moss as NLA
2) Should the AH have as much low end torque as my Triumph TR250?
3) Is there a list of parts vendors?
4) How difficult is it to pull the motor and trans?  I'd like to detail the
engine compartment and it appears to do it right I need to do this.

Thanks for any advise!
Bruce Harding
61 AH 3000 BT7