Re: Constant clearance Steering column

To: Warthodson@aol.com
Subject: Re: Constant clearance Steering column
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:14:45 -0700
Hi Gary,
This will likely get some disagreement.
I have found that since the majority of steering is done in the center
position, slight wear over time tends to wear/loosen the center
position. On a box that is in reasonably good condition, adjusting the
worm end float & sector engagement back to proper "on center" clearance
results in a box with nearly the same free play on center & on the sides
& with no binding. No more than 1/8" to 1/4" free play, at the steering
wheel rim, throughout it's travel. I guess it's a matter of how perfect
you want things.

Regards,
Dave Russell