RE: Spray Insulation Foam

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spray Insulation Foam
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:34:03 -0800
Like Jerry says, Ned.  I would also be afraid the expanding foam would bust
the asbestos or buckle the floors.  Anyway, if you insulate your floors in
the cockpit well enough, you wouldn't need any help underneath the floors.
Find and seal all the air leaks in the firewall and around the fiberglass
gearbox cover (are your rubber access hole plugs in the cover in good
shape?), use 1/4" double-faced mylar coated bubble-wrap insulation under the
carpets, and your cockpit heat problems are solved.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry (6,023 cars, 34% of total production)
Havelock, NC  USA