Re: Steering Wheel

To: Fred Wescoe <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>, Healeys
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel
From: "Ronald A. Fine" <ronfineesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:28:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I don't understand how KY jelly will stop water leaking.  It is water soluble
by design to not irratate delicate parts of the body.

I strongly suggest that you use an old belt on the nut.  Use a smooth thick
I have used KY jelly on a lot on things on my car including rubber gaskets
wherever you need leakproof fittings; IE windshield wiper post gaskets leaking
into the cockpit and even taillight gaskets.  Much better that grease or
vaseline, both of which will deteriorate rubber over time.

Fred
BJ7