Silver tunnel covers?

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silver tunnel covers?
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:44:49 -0000
I have my (BT7 MkII centre shift) tunnel cover off at the moment. It's the
standard - I suppose - fibre glass item.

My car seems not to have much of a heat issue. Touch wood and thank a
moderate climate. But, I was pondering the heat issue and I wondered:

1)       if painting the inside of the cover silver would help? Reflect some
heat away?

2)       If painting the top would help? (I doubt this one, but am open to
expert opinion).

For interest's sake, I put my comparatively cool(?) car down to the use of a
thick jute ( I think it's jute) carpet underlay. And blocking the relevant
holes.

Simon.